A favorite “Pardee Party Design,” dressed up for the holidays (you may remember the Easter version in lavender and white stripes).
That’s one thing I love about this design — it’s simplistic and versatile. Change the fabric for the season, and occasion, and enjoy the look on your guests faces when they’re presented with such a large “gift.” Sometimes, this statement-making image is all you may need for decoration.
HOW TOS for the “Pardee Bow-Tied Table”
60” diameter round table
4 2-sided runners, each 9” wide x 104” long.
Cut the runner ends like “pussycat ears”—a V.
Fabric should be heavy-weight with good “body” so the bows will hold their shape (ie. cotton duck, brocade, jacquard, burlap)
- Place 2 of the runners in an X across the table, being sure they are equi-distant down the sides.
- Place the remaining 2 runners in another X underneath the center point of the first 2.
- Take the third runner and pull each side up to the center, crossing them over and tying them in a bow, as you would on a package.
- Repeat the procedure above with the forth runner.
- Adjust the 4 bows to be as full as possible, with a “voluptuous” curve.
What are some of your signature Christmas details?