When deciding what color to paint the original Parterre Bench, I was torn between the sage (“Parterre”) green and the blue that seems to be a favorite among French gardens in Normandy and the Loire Valley (not unlike a dear friend’s potting shed here in Newport, with both the door and cupola sporting “French Blue”). I still adore it and welcomed the opportunity to add this to the Parterre Bench’s Fall wardrobe. In honor of this very popular shade, I’ve collected “a few of my favorite things.”
1. Beautiful: All-American Decorating and Timeless Style by Mark D. Sikes ($45).
2. Gorsuch Leonie-P Hat ($220).
3. One Kings Lane Windowpane Throw, British Blue ($199).
4. Oscar de la Renta Oval Multi Stone Earrings ($430).
6. The Parterre Bench ($9500) (62″ long, 63″ high).
7. Farmaesthetics Deep Lavender Rub ($27).
8. Iris ‘Blue Denim’ Bulb from Terrain ($15).
9. Aerin Shagreen Backgammon Set ($2500).
10. Glamourpuss The Embellished Puffer ($775).