Christmas is magical. Here at Parterre, we love adding a bit more magic to the holidays with a fanciful centerpiece, one that I’ve loved recreating over the years…perhaps because it’s also so easy to assemble and adaptable to tables long or round. I’d encourage you to consider a forest green cloth as it truly sets off the all-white scene (mine, as shown, is velvet).
Let’s do this together. There are only 4 elements you’ll need…
Blocks of florist’s Oasis®
White Taper candles (heights 24″, 15″ and 6″)
Evergreen branch clippings
- Line up the Oasis® in the configuration you wish.
2. Press the candles into the tops of the Oasis® until they are secured.
3. Scatter snow to cover the Oasis® and create drifts out from the center.
4. Insert clippings into the Oasis® or nestle into the snow.
5. Finish the scene with your favorite white plates and napkins, clear glass goblets and twinkling silver….then light the candles.
Often times I’ll carry the snow scene into the main salon which can be seen from this dining area (above). This Santa has been in the family for years.